Time for my second book tag post. This time, it’s about being a book lover. Hope you enjoy.
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
No. For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved it. My mum always read to me as a child so I suppose it stemmed from there.
2. Where do you usually read?
Usually lying across my bed but sometimes on the sofa. I can’t read in the car/bus but anywhere else – train, other people’s houses, sitting on the stairs… You name it, I can read there.
3. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
I prefer one, but will often have two on the go. If I’m reading a home back and have one from the library, I’ll often do both together.
4. What is your favourite genre?
Fantasy. All the way. No competition. That’s what I like to write as well. It’s always been my calling. No idea why but I love it.
5. What genre will you not read?
Generally chick-lit. But I’m trying to be more open-minded at the moment and give new things a go.
6. Do you have a favourite book?
Inheritance series. Christopher Paolini is my idol for my own writing and I’ve adored Eragon since I was about 15. Only gets better with each re-read.
7. What is the biggest book you’ve ever read?
That’s hard, I’ve read a few. Potentially either the 5th Harry Potter or Eldest/Brisingr (not sure which is bigger). But I’m not sure on that one.
8. What was the last book you bought?
The one bad thing about using the library is it’s been a while since I bought things. The Proof House by K.J Parker was the last I bought – only because the library didn’t have it!
9. Which do you prefer library books or buying books?
I prefer buying because I love re-reading, but I have no money so spent the last two years just living at the library instead.
10. What are you reading now?
At the time of writing this, I am finally reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
11. What are the disadvantages of being a book lover?
Only that you’ll never be able to get on top of your TBR list because it keeps growing. Not sure that is a disadvantage mind you – so nothing?
There we have it, my 2nd book tag. Feel free to have a go yourself and drop me a comment so I can come and nose at your answers! Looking forward to next month’s!